Summer has gotten the best of me and it’s been a while since my last post. I’ve been whipping up a lot of delicious things this summer and one of my favorites has been this salad. I did it on a whim when I had an abundance of oranges and grapefruits, and it turned out to be a simple, light, and refreshing summer salad!
This salad takes about 20 minutes to prepare, mostly because of the quinoa that needs to cook. I also didn’t use a dressing because the oranges and grapefruits created enough juice that it was unnecessary, but if you prefer a dressing balsamic or olive oil and vinegar should do the trick!
- 1 bag of Arugula (or more depending on the amount of people)
- 2 oranges (can alter depending on how much fruit you want or amount of people)
- 2 grapefruits (same as above)
- 1 cup of quinoa (I had a lot left over that I didn’t put in the salad)
- A sprinkle of feta cheese
- Cook quinoa according to directions on bag or box. Usually it is 2 cups of water per 1 cup of quinoa. Let cook and simmer.
- After quinoa has been cooked, set aside to cool.
- Remove peels from grapefruits and oranges. Chop into bite size pieces.
- Empty arugula into a bowl. Add quinoa (make sure it’s cool or arugula will wilt!), citrus pieces, and fetal
- Toss and enjoy!